Saturday, August 19, 2006

Lazy Saturdays

I'm at Green Lake, just about to set out on a walk around the lake. It seemed like a brilliant plan before we got here and it's still a great idea but there are so many people here! I forgot how crazy it can get on weekends, especially in the summer on a perfect day like today. You can smell people's barbecues and its so tempting. Almost too tempting for Anna, she's been wanting a grill ever since we've gotten to Seattle.

Even though its really quite a perfect day here I miss Michigan right now. I miss my yard and the hammock. On a day like today in Michigan I would be laying in the hammock reading a book, maybe eating a nectarine, and contemplating going for a swim in Lake Michigan. The desire to be everywhere at once is problematic since I know that it is a desire that will never be fulfilled. But I'll manage . . . it's pretty hard not to enjoy a lazy Saturday afternoon.

No comments: