Friday, September 01, 2006

. . . and little people

As I was typing the previous post I was watching a little boy and his dad going in and out of the library. The kid is absolutely fascinated by the turnstile at the entrance and no sooner has he gone through it before he's running to the exit, going outside, coming back inside, and going through the turnstile again. What I find amusing is that the kid is barely tall enough to clear the turnstile with his head, he doesn't need to push through it he could just walk under it. I can here the little "tap, tap, tap" of his shoes as he scampers along the tiled library floor making his way from turnstile to exit. His dad has clearly had enough of this game but looks on indulgently. Kids are so easily amused . . . as am I really, maybe that's why we get along so well.

No comments: