Thursday, October 26, 2006

I heart candy and pumpkins

Yet again I'm blogging when I should be working . . . oh the procrastination gene is my bane! But what can I do? It was inherited and I have no control over it, *sly grin* although I'm sure my father would protest.

Halloween has crept up on me this year. A quick trip to Target this evening proved that I was clearly behind the times, most of the decorations had long since been swiped up and I wasn't impressed by what was left behind. Rubber heads with pre-recorded creepy voices and glowing eyes that move a little when you press a button are so uninspired as a decoration and left me wanting more. Not that I'm a Halloween fanatic but I must admit that I do like Halloween for these two reasons: 1) The candy 2) The pumpkins.

So, pumpkins . . . well, they're just fun, aren't they? Their subdued shades of orange seem so appropriate for fall, cozy and warm. And of course there's pumpkin pie, a favorite of mine, and roasted pumpkin seeds too, such yummy treats for this time of year.

And any excuse to have lots of candy, especially chocolate, is great in my point of view. The notable exception to this being Easter. Easter is tainted for me by its inextricable association with Peeps, which (as Sherry knows only too well) I absolutely HATE! They are creepy and unnatural, should we really be eating something that can be run over by a steamroller and still regain it's former shape? Absolutely not. And the colors are absolutely garish too. Items in shades of neon pink and yellow should never be consumed. I mean please, there's a reason why neon fashion didn't make it past the 80s, it was nauseating and horrifying to look at, let alone eat!

Okay, now that I have that little rant out of my system . . . a happy Friday to you all. And if you are celebrating Halloween early over the weekend, as many people are, Happy Halloween.

No comments: