Thursday, November 09, 2006

She plays the tambourine

Me, disappointedly: "Anna, he plays 'sad bastard' music!"
Anna, laughingly: "Oh no"
Me: "I feel like telling him that he's going to have to take me on as his tambourine playing sidekick just so that I can rock it up a bit."
Anna: "How about playing a tambourine in a trench coat?"
Me, wryly: "Yeah, the trench coat will make it titillating because no one will know what I'm wearing under it."
Anna laughs
Me: "Actually, I think I should play the maracas instead. Tambourines are so passe."

Yes, I said tambourines are passe. You heard it here first. Really, some of the things that come out of my mouth . . . I don't even know where it comes from.

Maracas are the new tambourine. Just another Thursday night conversation at chez nous.

No comments: