Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Bunny!

Today, I finally broke down and started to eat the chocolate bunny I got for Easter. Perhaps "finally broke down" is slightly misleading since it's only been a couple of days since Easter but you have to understand how much self restrain I had to exercise in order to not eat it right away. As a rule I eat chocolate bunnies head first. I've stuck to this pattern since I was a child. My mother once told me the story of how when I was five or six she gave me a chocolate bunny and I immediately bit off its head. She was a little shocked, I guess she thought I would have some qualms about eating the cute bunny. Apparently when she asked me how I could be so cruel as to just bight off the bunny's head, I said, "Mommy, its not real," and gave her a look equivalent to, "Don't you know anything?" and complacently continued to eat the bunny. Very telling, isn't it?

Anna got me a Lindt milk chocolate bunny, so delectably delicious! I was going to just eat the ears but I ended up eating its whole head. Now there's a decapitated bunny sitting on my shelf. It looks a little forlorn. But look at the picture, isn't it just saying, "Eat me! Eat me!" Just like the cakes in Alice in Wonderland.


No comments: