Friday, August 25, 2006

Doctors are doctors, right?

Random bits of conversation . . .
We're at Scarecrow looking at movies (I had a hankering to see Saving Grace) when I saw The Life and Death of Peter Sellers. I make some comment about it to Anna who says something followed by, "But I don't really know who Peter Sellers is."
Me: (gasp) "You don't know who Peter Sellers is?! But he was in The Pink Panther."
Anna: "I've never seen The Pink Panther."
I'm racking my brain for another movie Anna would have seen with Peter Sellers when I remember Brian's Stanley Kubrick collection when we lived on Ingleside, "Well, you saw Dr Strangelove. He was in that."
Anna: "But I don't remember him."
Then I give a convoluted extremely abbreviated synopsis of Dr Strangelove. At which point I think the conversation is over and we're walking away, but Anna says, "When I was little I had a teddy bear that played the theme song to Dr Strangelove."
Me: "What?! Why . . ."
Anna: "Oh no, it was the theme to Dr Zhivago."
Now I'm just in stitches of laughter, as is Anna, "What kind of person would think to have a teddy bear with the theme song to Dr Strangelove? What kind of implications would that have?"
Really, laughing so hard I could barely walk and thought I was going to fall down the stairs.

No comments: