Sunday, August 20, 2006

Names are a funny thing

Yesterday, Anna and I were talking about names, mostly about the off-beat names that celebrities choose for their kids. I brought up some notable examples like John Morrow's daughter Tu Morrow, Jason Lee's son Pilot Inspektor, and Shannyn Sossamon's son Audio Science. Anna wanted to know why the average citizens like ourselves weren't following suit and declared that she would like to be renamed Optimus Prime, which would make her whole name Optimus Prime Pier----. At which point I pointed out that her initials would be the same as the ever notorious OPP . . . yeah you know me. Besides, I don't know that I could handle a roommate named after a Transformers character, even if she did introduce me to Kids in the Hall. It would almost be like living with a robot, which I would find frightening (except for these robots that I totally adore) but Anna of course would probably enjoy.

No comments: