Thursday, January 11, 2007

Do I ever learn? Apparently not.

So, two hours ago I was all primed to do homework and be super prepared for class tomorrow but has that happened? Of course not. Instead I've been putting together a birthday package for a friend, eating chunks of chocolate from my hidden stash, wandering through cyberspace, and contemplating blogging. I'm also contemplating a brewery crawl, cutting my own hair, writing fellowship essays, and knitting mittens - although not necessarily in that order.

In other news the house two doors down from us has been replaced by a giant pit. That's right a pit. They tore the house down in a matter of hours (which left me somewhere between awed, impressed, and disgusted) and after the bulldozer-crane machine worked at it for a couple days all that remains is a double tiered pit. It's not entirely clear what's going to happen to the space (my vote is for a swimming pool, I mean they've already dug the hole right?) but I'd guess that they're building mini-apartments which means even more people to compete with for parking. Does that sound cynical? Well, what can I say, I'm cynical girl in a cynical world.

Another cynical procrastinator, exactly what the world needs.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

whoa! you live near a giant pit? are you in capitol hill? that's where i live, and we have no less than 3 giant pits down the street from us. they would all make good swimming pools--or ball pits for the kiddies.

2 things: tapes n' tapes are great.
knishes sound delicious.

nice blog,
ben. from kalamazoo. betsy and i live on capitol hill if you want to play euchre (or whatever) sometime.

jen said...

hey ben, i'd heard from blythe that you and betsy were in the seattle area. how's it going?
so you live by giant pits too? mine's in the u-district since that's where i live. it got filled with boards the other day which i assume are for pouring the foundation . . . definitely not a pool.
yeay for tapes n tapes, did you get to see them play when they were in town? i think its great that they're bringing back the euphonium to indie rock :)