Wednesday, November 07, 2007

This is why I'm really in grad school

Hhhmm . . . after my earlier post I feel the need to reassure people that I really do enjoy academia. Mostly it's the little things I find highly entertaining. Such as the story about the Taisho Emperor (who was to be honest probably a couple cans short of a six pack in the brains department, proving that the Japanese royals could make them just as inbred as the Europeans) and the incident in which he went to a Diet session to deliver a proclamation. Instead of reading the proclamation he stood looking around for a couple of minutes and then proceeded to roll the proclamation up into a telescope and peered through it at the Diet members, no doubt accompanied by a "Why, helloooo there." Ah, gotta love the crazies.

No comments: