Friday, August 11, 2006

A green world

I'm looking out the window and two thirds of what I see is green and I like it. As much as I love living in the city I don't think I could survive the concrete jungle without the respite of greenery provided by trees and plants in parks. It's one of the reasons why I enjoy Seattle so much, all the perks of the city but with lots of greenery everywhere.

Well, the green quotient in my life is just about to up. We're painting the living room and the 'nook' green today. The color of choice is Zen Mist. Who comes up with these paint names? Not that it's an inappropriate name for the color but really I want that job. What do you think it's like? Do you sit in a room surrounded by large paint chip samples and discuss what the color inspires, how it makes you feel, what it reminds you of? I think all the names I would come up with would be related to food . . . everything in my life comes back to food and eating. My alternatives to Zen Mist would be Pistachio Cream or Mint Au Lait. They sound so yummy although perhaps not as descriptive of the color.

No comments: