Monday, August 07, 2006

The necessities of life . . .

Last week Anna informed me that everyone needs a nemesis, it is simply a necessity in life. I was unaware of this fact, maybe that's why my life has been a little out of stride of late. Of course having just moved we really didn't have any person who could necessarily be our nemesi (is that a real word?) and so we had to settle for an inanimate object - our washer/dryer unit. It sits in the middle of our tiny kitchen and blocks one of our tiny windows. It isn't terribly attractive and it can't be disguised or moved. Certainly it's convenient to have a washer/dryer and I don't want to complain but couldn't it have gone into a closet? Why the middle of the kitchen? I've already had several unfortunate run-ins with it. My tendency to lean against the unit when I'm standing by it inevitable leads to me accidentally leaning into the dryer start button which buzzes loudly when a dryer cycle isn't in progress. So, in essence the washer/dryer is buzzing at me. I'm sure I'll overcome my animosity towards it when it's usefulness and convenience override it's tackiness but for now, washer/dryer you are the bane of my existence!

No comments: