Monday, September 25, 2006

Now I can go to Morocco

Alright, I'm back in Seattle and feeling the crunch of grad school. However, that's not stopping me from doing superfluous research. After my previous post regarding the purchase or trade of myself for a thousand camels I was curious to know how much a camel really goes for. I found that the market is rather varied and is dependent upon age, gender, and type of camel - if you're interested take a look here. For example female bactrian camels go for much more than male dromedaries. Actually bactrians appear to be more expensive in general, who knew that having one more hump on your back could make you so much more valuable - if only that were true of humans too.

Anyway, it looks like my going price could be anywhere between $5 million and $30 million . . . not too shabby, although I'd like to think that I'm priceless *cheeky grin* We should have asked for the details of the transaction before turning the salesman down. Carolyn was really passing up on quite a fortune and now instead of being a millionaire she's merely made it onto the shortlist (or short list, for it consists of only one person) of people I would be willing to travel to Morocco with. Call me crazy but the big fear holding me back from going to Morocco has always been that I would end up going with someone who would inadvertently or maybe even purposely sell me to the Bedouin tribes. Although now I'm starting to think it wasn't such a crazy fear afterall . . . I mean we were pretty sure he was joking, but being pretty sure isn't the same as knowing he was joking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you think that site is for real? Wow! Really makes you wonder how little we know outside of Seattle, or even America for that matter. I love your blog. Glad I stumbled across it.