Friday, December 15, 2006

Feeling wonky

So, the trans-Pacific flight has been completed and I'm back in Japan, how lovely. It's strange isn't it, the whole idea of "flying" in a giant metal tube - after all that's basically what an airplane is. Much like how driving is sitting in a large metal box that you really don't have as much control over as you would think. Anyway, there was bizarre side-to-side turbulence during the flight and someone actually screamed! Usually there's just a collective gasp . . . equally strange. I was just happy that the food was identifiable and not just a dish of indistinguishable goo. And the fact that none of my luggage got lost was an added bonus.

What can I say about being back in Japan . . . well I've already been out to a delicious lunch, Indonesian food in Ashiya. As soon as I got home yesterday the ceiling started leaking in the entrance way. So now I get to talk to the building maintenance people - Dad's thrilled I'm sure since its one less task in Japanese he has to stumble through. Really, the leak is ridiculous. There's a bucket in the middle of the entrance! And newspaper wadded up in the corners to make sure it doesn't soak through the carpet. Ugh!

Jet-lag is making me feel extra wonky, this is in addition to the wonki-ness of not having had a proper meal or a proper night's sleep in close to a week because of intense paper writing and self seclusion associated with said writing.

No comments: