Monday, December 18, 2006

Time is so elusive

So, I thought that winter break would mean more time for me to do all the things that I usually want to do but don't have enough time for like blogging, baking, writing letters, reading fun books, and knitting. But have I done any of those things? No. My blogging has been minimal, I've been getting lots of tasty baked treats from other people (thanks Kleo and Naomi!) but haven't made any myself, I haven't written a single letter (not even email!), I read one book on the airplane but that doesn't really count since it was particularly fluffy, and I left my knitting needles in Seattle since I didn't want to have to worry about traveling with them. The lack of knitting needles is particularly aggravating since my fingers have been itching to knit since it got cold outside. Now, all I want to do is knit socks and gloves! What do they say about the pastures always looking greener?

And have I mentioned the leaking ceiling? Ugh. In any case, the ceiling is still leaking. The building maintenance people apparently can't get to it until this weekend because they need to open a hole in our upstairs neighbor's wall and the only time they're available is this weekend! In the meantime we have to live with the sound of dripping water, a bucket in the middle of the hall, and newspaper all over the place. Bugger, bugger, bugger!

So, what am I doing with my time . . . that's a good question that even I can't answer. I spend a lot of time sleeping and puttering around the house in the middle of the night, oh the beauty of jet-lag. That's about it.

1 comment:

annanator1711 said...

wow ur blog is a lot more well....mine just says my friends, hobbies, and my favorite songs and lyrics.