Saturday, October 14, 2006

Purple waves

It's such an autumnal day today. There's a chill in the air and a haze is draped over the city hiding the building tops. I can feel the cold in my bones and that's the true sign that winter is coming in Seattle. Sarah sent me pictures of snow in Michigan and crazy though it sounds, I'm slightly envious. I know that I won't see snow around here this winter except on the mountain peaks in the distance.

As I was walking through campus earlier today I saw two bridal parties taking photos on the grounds. It's definitely a pretty spot, especially with the leaves changing colors now. It was funny though since there were tailgaters everywhere in anticipation of the football game. The contrast between the bridal parties and the purple clad sports fans . . . well you can imagine. Have I mentioned yet that I love that purple is one of UW's school colors? I think it's just great, mainly because I like purple but also because it means that everyone else wears purple around here too. So, on game days like today there are just seas of people in purple. How cool is that? I would probably be highly amused by the fans at the stadium but I don't follow the football, too bad.

No comments: