Monday, September 18, 2006

America's High Five

My cousin Sarah has a t-shirt that says "Michigan, America's High Five" with the outline of Michigan - I think it's pretty great. Anyway, the high five state is where I am at the moment. I've been looking forward to this trip back to Michigan for a while now, which is unusual since I'm almost always pretty ambivalent about trips and traveling because it doesn't seem real until I'm actually at my destination point.

Being in Michigan is just so comfortable or maybe it's that my house and Sarah & Carolyn's house are in my comfort zone, whatever the case it's nice to be back. It's all very much like slipping into a particularly comfortable pair of shoes that you'd like to wear all the time but you know aren't entirely practical for everyday wear. Everything in life can be brought back to food and shoes . . . really.

No comments: